Thursday, June 03, 2010

My apocalypse

Aug '09 - 0% done..
Dec '09 - 15% done..
Mar '09 - 65% done..
June '09 - 100%........The transition is complete.
Today, I hereby declare, that I have become a complete anti-Pourush.

What it means -

-I no longer share his opinions(if any)..I go by the popular count, except when my manager says something..(Yes, I've nodded to his point of 'Cricket is the worst game ever!!' a couple of times)
-I no longer care for the world(Except Lebanon, where hotties are getting killed almost everyday..gosh, the loss!!)
-I dont feel sympathetic towards a 'poor-kid-nibbling-biscuit-crumbles-on-the-road' anymore(what a relief!)..
-I dont apologise, rather I go 'its ok' even if I brush against a woman in the Office cafeteria(I still prefer to say 'canteen' while speaking though..no reason..)..
-I now keep a watch on the road anticipating/hoping for some accident..for the thrills!!..(if there's human casualty involved my day is made!!)..
-I follow the Ambulance after giving way, both trying to take advantage of the obliging traffic and peeking in to see any traces of 'live' suffering inside..
-My hands no longer shake/tremble while writing the previous 2 points, and neither do I pity myself..
-I prefer to keep the AC on all day(and night ofcourse!!)..First tell that super-rich property dealer neighbor of mine to switch off his!

My new motto - Ignorance is a gift. Nurture it.

How did this happen?..Umm, I reached the expiry date of my conscience. I realised I cant pretend/fake it any longer, the devil needs to come out, and how!

Time for you frown?..
Cmon, its not that bad, Its not as if I hurt others. Ummm, maybe I do, but its subtle, they dont realise it(good na!). The best part is, people'll never admit that they've been hurt. They'll wear this 'I am strong' broach. I'll say 'hey, it looks good! Can I have that?'..
Needless to say, I gift it to my girlfriend the next day and tell my friend 'Oops, lost it!..Its ok you can get another one..Your aunt lives in Amreeka na.....oh btw, can you ask her to get me a better tshirt than what she got last time?..'Heal the World' sounds like such a lame tee slogan...I want something with a devilish undertone..thanks man, ur a great friend'..


I should kill myself.

Kinda feel like that guy in Trainspotting who goes in the end, 'I duped my friends. Why?, because I'm a bad person.'

F2
F2
F2
F2
F2
F2
F2
F2

Listen to this song 'Dive In' by Dave Mattews band, or atleast read the lyrics if you can. The guy talks about Global Warming with an amazingly fresh perspective. Sings as if he's already accepted(not resigned to) the fact that the world's gonna get more n more hotter. He embraces the heat and wants the world to celebrate it!!..Ofcourse there's one stanza which talks about 'there is still hope' and all, but the overall theme will make you stand up and applaud his brain!

8 Comments:

This is what Blogger kajal mathur had to say..

is there an error june '09. Shudnt it be june '10. :)
by the way when did you have this epiphany Pourush?

8:58 AM  
This is what Blogger pourush had to say..

ya ya..error is regretted..(like they say in the next day's papers)..

umm, had this when I saw an old rickshaw puller trying to fill in air in the tyres through that high pressure nozzle..the thin rickshaw tyre burst before anybody could stop him..he looked up at everybody, and walked on with the Rickshaw..i later realised how i felt when it all unfolded in front of me, and none of it was right..

11:42 AM  
This is what Blogger Bhargav Rajan had to say..

As abstract as ever and yet somehow made sense. I submit it has a lot to do with imbibing a few unfortunate traits from you, more than your readability or my ability to read.

Loved your earlier posts. 'Auntie' and 'Somewhere' were nice. Poignant.

Keep up it. You please blog morer. I am wanting to read much of good Inglis. Kewl Indianzz in Amayvika are an endangered species, taken up to blogging and blog-tracking more seriously. Blog more and lemme know if you post anything new. Check mine out - www.rajanbhargav.wordpress.com. Trying to up the readership. Desperately.

2:46 PM  
This is what Blogger pourush had to say..

dude ive seen urs..commented a big one on ur last post but cudnt post it..(bloody wipro policies!!)..

saw the other one on bicycles and almost bought one!!..:)..but then transferred money for the kerala trip instead..;)..

6:32 AM  
This is what Blogger ZeeK had to say..

instead of F2 try F1 ..!!

2:43 PM  
This is what Blogger Ravi had to say..

crazy! kinda feel u often write/comment under the influence :)

11:55 PM  
This is what Blogger Angerona had to say..

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:11 AM  
This is what Blogger Angerona had to say..

loved it ! quite unlike the person you display .

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home