Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Americano Frappe - Malai maar ke

Excerpts from a recent visa interview of a close friend, whoz applying for a Masters in the US.

I - Interviewer
A - Herself

I - Good morning Ms. Amrita Bee Cowshit. You may sit down.
A - (A lil agitated)A very good morning sir. And before we start may I just correct you that my surname is 'Koushik', not Cowshit.
I - Oh sure! forgive my error. Ram-in-deep! Bring this lady something to drink.
(Ramandeep, a lil embarassed, brings her mountain dew. A has never seen dew outside its green bottle ever, and hence is a lil skeptic whether to take it or not. She could be laughing stock of the embassy tomorrow for all she knew!..)
I - Alright Ms, lets get on with it. So you want to pursue higher studies in the US. Arent you happy with the facilities in India?
A - (to herself) Oh! I am completely fascinated by the booming Indian Biotech industry and its academic research structure. In fact, Im even friends on a personal note with Dunston's(yes, the movie chimp) desi clone, Bhargav. But to tell the truth, there arent enough guys to hook up with here, and thats why I want to try my luck in the 'land of opportunities'. As would be obvious, Ive maintained myself top notch, but havent found a single guy whose frequency matches mine. Nevermind one sun-baked 'Srini'vas Venkatraghavan who was once my senior, but then gave it all up and threw his life away playing cricket for India...Also, in India a grad girl sitting at home is a perfect bakra for people to start marriage talks. And since Im totally against monogamy I find it better to not sit on my ass here and do something about it.(To I) Sir, the kind of research I wish to pursue hasnt quite found its footing in India and at the same time America is one of the flourishing hotspots in Pharma engg. Also I believe it will help me as a..(I interrupts)

I - The Air conditioner is quite ineffective isnt it. Should've granted that Videocon guy's chachi a pass to one of Uncle Sam's presidential dinners. Oh, anyway, you were saying..
A - (To herself)Nevermind. Kiss my...Go to hell. F**k you. (This is a family blog mind you).....(To I) NO sir, I was done.

I - Oh ok, how about your stress analysis. How easy do you think you can deal with instant pressure situations?
A - (To Herself)You mean if Im travelling in the country with a sudden urge to pee, kinda pressure?..Nobody can deal with that. It deals with you. But then we Indians have been taught to appreciate the nature well, so I can feel at home even in the middle of a full grown phirangi sugarcane field.(To I) Yes sir I believe I have gone through enough in life to deal with any kind of situation that Im faced with.

I - Will you sell your body if you have no money, and an immediate need of the same?
A - (To Herself) You crazy pervert! This is all you've been waiting to ask all this while isnt it..I bet you ask this to every decent looking female in the slight hope of someone saying yes and you following it up with 'how exactly?'..(To I) No sir. Not in any circumstances will I let myself steep so down so as to compromise my values. I understand prostitution is a huge quick buck industry in the US and adversities force people into it, but I'll make sure I steer clear of it at all times. But then, these days a lot companies are advertising on people's faces with temporary tattoos. I might go in for that in the worst case scenario, if thats within your 'selling the body' parameter.

I - You seem to be well versed with the culture there.
A - (To herself) Im bored. Are you gonna f**king give me the visa or wat. U wanna ask questions I'll let Porky sit with you, he loves answering questions, simultaneously in 5 languages!..(To I) Yes,sir. A Res
ult of a bit of homework but largely bcoz of the cross cultural bridging between our two great nations.

I - Thank you Amrita. That would be all.
A - Go kill yourself.


14 Comments:

This is what Blogger Unknown had to say..

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:09 AM  
This is what Blogger Unknown had to say..

hhaaaahhaaaa uhhh hahaaaaahhhaaa... oh my god... hehe.. are yar... bhak... haaahhaaaahhhaaaaaahhaaahhahahahaaaahahahaha...
are yar... mast... hahaa again.. too good... ab me padhoonga tera blog pakka...
(no sarcasm here, its not my fault nobody told me how to write an embodiment of pet pakadke wala laughter in engliss)...

3:10 AM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

Saale ab tu ruk. Convocation me maar daalegi tujhe :D

12:49 PM  
This is what Blogger JoblessJoe had to say..

Dude that is some wild imagination you got :-)...... But I am pretty sure you are gonna be walking around with a 'keyboard' up your ass during the convocation, but then who cares you'll always have critics ;-)


Btw now that I have read your blog we are officially friends right? :-)

5:57 AM  
This is what Blogger Unknown had to say..

Sorry Pourush.. Took too long to post my comment.. Hmmm.. Need to clear few things first.. 1) Dont mess around with my crush's name.. Its Srinivasan R (don ask me wat dat R stands for) and not Srinivasan Venkataraghavan!! 2) Dont mess around with is profession.. Its still football that he loves..
And just 'cos i didnt give you intro to those hot delhi chics you called me COWSHIT!! :) But good job da.. Wierd imagination you have got..Keep writing.. (N less about me :).. )
For all those who are wondering what really happened during my visa interview.. well.. i cleared it.. Here's how it went..

Visa officer (VO) looking down at something..
And me.. I am a nervous wreck.. :)
ME: Good Morning, sir.
VO looks up.. Am seeing stars.. In short he was hot.. :) Handsome American.. and he says, "Good Morning.. How are you doin?"..
ME: He he.. He he.. Fine.. How are you?
VO: Great.. (Smiles and I reach cloud 9)
VO: Any back-logs?
ME: No, Sir.
VO: Who are your sponsors?
ME: Blah blah..
VO: Visa granted..
ME: Thats it?
VO: Yup.. All the best for NJIT!! (Smiling again)
ME: Thank you.. (Actually "LOVE U")

I guess Pourush's version was more interesting.. :)
And dont worry I am not gonna do anything to you during our convo :)

9:23 AM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:01 AM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

That person who commented above me is not Amrita. Just someone trying to be her by saying "handsome American" :P Either that or the real one has a crush on Pourush. You'd have kicked me if I'd written it na Moo?

10:03 AM  
This is what Blogger Unknown had to say..

Infact I guess I will for suggesting that I have ditched Srini... :)

10:12 AM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

I never suggested that. I know you too bloody well. Just having a crush on Pourush doesn't mean you've ditched Srini :D Or Uncle Cracker. ;)

10:17 AM  
This is what Blogger pourush had to say..

people! behave!..this is a family blog!..all single mothers, guy-guy n gal-gal couples, nikhil, dope loving families - the osbournes, the cobain(s)..they all read this blog..plz dnt offend them by using offensive language like 'crush' 'shit- cow n otherwise' 'arse' 'srini'..plz!..

n raghu i stil think i hav a chance wth sm gud luking gals who visit here..plz dnt kill it by leetin out amu's worst kept secret!..its ok amu, we all knw ur thng abt me..im fine wth it..

4:04 PM  
This is what Blogger pourush had to say..

jokes apart..m teary eyed!..ths is my first post wth comments in the double figures!..doesnt matter if most of it is a side talk between two ppl!..thank u all(both of u)!!..

4:06 PM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:22 PM  
This is what Blogger i_r_squared had to say..

Dude. Amu's worst kept secret shouldn't be an obstacle for you. Everyone knows how wide her um.. domain is :P

P.S. : "this is a family blog!..all single mothers, guy-guy n gal-gal couples, nikhil, dope loving families - the osbournes, the cobain(s)"

Keep that up and that will end your chances :P

2:23 PM  
This is what Anonymous Anonymous had to say..

wah wah ..jio jio..bhaisahab kamaal kar diya..aise soch..aisa drishtikon.. kudos to u

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home